Thursday, March 8, 2012

Conference Inspiration

My memoir percolates now and then, but since the San Francisco Writers Conference, it's boiling, demanding attention. I have four novels in various stages and a Dublin Class Anthology in progress,but trepidation sets in when I think of doing a book length memoir.

I'm researching "how to" while I carry a large Mark Hopkins Hotel writing tablet up and down the two stories in my house, taking notes as they flash in my mind. For a week after the conference I stayed up until midnight working on it. Now the notes wait to be combined into links between the short story excerpts that will be interspersed to make my point. But honing the point is the problem.

Maybe I should create a character to help me. Since I rely on my characters to write my novels, maybe they can write my memoir too.

No comments:

Post a Comment