Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jessica Barksdale Writing Workshop

I met Jessica through her on-line short story writing class around 2003. I attribute my successes in winning five short story first place awards to her inspiration and instruction, not only in that first class, but as I continue to take her workshops.

This year I spent from June 28th to July 1st with about seven other writers in her home on a hill surrounded by trees. We read each writer's twenty-five page submission, made comments and suggestions. We listened to Jessica's experienced how-to's and had time to write them into our stories. We had an hour of yoga taught by her neighbor next door and we listened to Ericka Lutz's enthusiastic recounting of how her book, THE EDGE OF MAYBE, came to be published. We ate delicious food prepared by Jessica, and we luxuriated for hours in the writing world. Ah, I'm rejuvenated until next time.

Thank you, Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment